Focus: Identify and meet the continuing education interests of the Arizona-licensed and certified pharmacy professionals and develop and review the program topics and recruit new funding opportunities.
Goal: Formulate and recommend educational plans meeting the ACPE requirements, matching the membership’s interests, and overseeing the organization of CE program/event.
Focus: Propose, develop, evaluate, monitor, review, and interpret proposed and actual legislation, rules and regulations affecting the pharmacy profession in the state of Arizona, with special emphasis and activity during the Arizona State Legislative Session.
Goal: Ensure that the profession’s perspective as it affects public health is communicated and understood, and that our voice for the profession is heard.
Focus: Develop recruitment and retention methods and plans, and evaluate member services and programs and to increase AzPA membership and participation and engagement.
Goal: Recruit members and promote participation within the organization, as well as promote the benefits offered to members to enhance member retention, maintaining a strong and effective organization of pharmacy professionals
Focus: Designed with the vision of building relationships, furthering professional networks, and strengthening continuous professional development on behalf of both mentors and mentees
- Promote personal and professional development of pharmacy students beyond curricular goals
- Provide direction, foster confidence, and instill values needed to develop professionally
- Create an engaging environment that instills renewed enthusiasm within the profession
- Cultivate long-term relationships that evolve with time and are mutually beneficial
Focus: Oversee the communications modes to the pharmacy professionals of Arizona including but not limited to the website, the weekly e-newsletter the Arizona News Flash, and the Arizona Journal of Pharmacy, AzPA’s quarterly journal & social media platforms.
Goal: Keep the Arizona pharmacy community informed in a timely and effective manner
Focus: The Pharmacist Political Action Committee is charged to create intentional relationships with political figures such as legislators and government officials who advocate and promote the pharmacy profession.
Goal: increase support and enhance legislative action that aligns with the mission of pharmacy in Arizona.
Focus: Explore methods to engage BPS certified pharmacists as well as those seeking BPS certification through innovative leadership and educational opportunities.
Task Force Groups
Focus: Work on special projects as needed by the Board of Directors and/or committees.
- Scope of Practice: Assist in the development the strategic priorities for pharmacist and technician scope of practice expansion in Arizona.
- Community Pharmacy Sustainability: Assist in the development of sound policy and legislative priorities for issues impacting community pharmacy viability.
Focus: Assist the Arizona Pharmacy Foundation Board of Directors in planning successful fundraising events to provide the finances necessary to support its mission and programs.
- Katy's Kids
- Prescription Drug Abuse Education and Proper Medication Disposal
If you are interested in volunteering please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready to get involved?
Need more information?
480.838.3385 | email@example.com